Real customer quotes from across all the price comparison websites and direct channels
- Gain insight into market movements
- Benchmark the major car insurance brands
- Understand the data behind the car insurance cost index results
The Consumer Intelligence Car Insurance Price Index is compiled using real customer quotes from across all the price comparison websites and direct channels.
Consumer Intelligence is the only company with authorisation to collect pricing information from this comprehensive range of channels and its data used by the Office of National Statistics to inform its measures of inflation.
- For each risk common to consecutive months, the variation is calculated from the average of the Top 5 cheapest premiums returned across the PCWs and key directs in the previous month to the average of the Top 5 in the current month (regardless of which brands provided these quotes).
- The Overall Market Top 5 monthly variation is calculated by averaging across all these risk level Top 5 variations for common risks run in both months.
- The monthly figures are concatenated up to produce the trended price index from a starting point of 100% in the base month.